This 1.0 Contact hour CE will provide participants with the ability to apply their knowledge of trauma-informed care to various healthcare settings and understand paths of recovery from trauma in patients, families, colleagues, and self. It is the goal of this professional development activity to provide information to help nurses and other healthcare professionals identify the principles of trauma-informed care and the impacts of trauma throughout the lifespan.
- Understand the 3 E’s of trauma.
- Identify the principles of trauma-informed care.
- Identify impacts of trauma throughout the lifespan.
- Apply knowledge of trauma-informed care to various healthcare settings.
- Understand paths of recovery from trauma in patients, families, colleagues, and self.
Participants that complete the CE presentation and post-test/evaluation in their entirety and pass the post-test with 80% or higher, will receive an electronic certificate via email. RNs completing the activity will receive 1.0 contact hour of continuing education.
The Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
POST TEST DIRECTIONS
COST: This CE is FREE for MNA members and $20 for non-members
POST-TEST: Complete the post-test & evaluation response form ONLINE by clicking here.
AWARDING OF CE
- Participants who achieve a minimum passing score of 80% will receive a certificate awarding 1 contact hour.
- Participants who do not achieve a passing score will have the option to gain success with the material by repeating the material and test at no additional cost.
- American Psychological Association (2020). PTSD treatments.
- American Psychological Association. (2012). Building your resilience. APA.
- American Institutes for Research’s National Center on Family Homelessness. (Sept. 2009). “Trauma-Informed Care,” Trauma Informed Organizational Toolkit.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (2021). Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs): Preventing early trauma to improve adult health.
- SAMSHA (2014). SAMSHA’S Concept of Trauma and Guidance for a Trauma-Informed Approach.