Childhood Obesity is at an all-time high and transcends race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, and geographical location. This CE will expound upon the correlation of childhood obesity to the development of chronic illnesses in both childhood and adulthood and, will also provide nurses with possible solutions they can implement when providing care to pediatric patients at risk for developing obesity related chronic illnesses.
- Define and describe current trends in childhood obesity
- Differentiate among macro, meso, and micro level factors of childhood obesity
- Synthesize consequences of childhood obesity and implications for nursing practice
Participants that complete the CE presentation and post-test/evaluation in their entirety and pass the post-test with 80% or higher, will receive an electronic certificate via email. RNs completing the activity will receive 1.0 contact hour of continuing education.
The Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
POST TEST DIRECTIONS
COST: This CE is FREE for MNA members and $20 for non-members
POST-TEST: Complete the post-test & evaluation response form ONLINE by clicking here.
AWARDING OF CE
- Participants who achieve a minimum passing score of 80% will receive a certificate awarding 1 contact hour.
- Participants who do not achieve a passing score will have the option to gain success with the material by repeating the material and test at no additional cost.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. (2023, January 9). American Academy of Pediatrics Issues its First Guideline on Evaluating, Treating Children and Adolescents with Obesity
- Cleveland Clinic. (2022, May 26). Childhood Obesity
- Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health. (2021, June 9). Childhood Obesity: Too Many Kids are Too Heavy, Too Young
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022, May 17). Childhood Obesity Facts
- National Association of School Nurses. (2022, May 1). Childhood Obesity. NASN.org
- Obesity Action Coalition. (n.d.). Understanding Childhood Obesity
- Partnership For a Healthier America. (n.d.). Facts About Childhood Obesity